As part of our talk at the Nordic Testing Days 2016 about “Bake your own STWC (Software Testing World Cup)”, we presented a checklist for the different roles involved in a testing competition.
If you plan to participate or organize a testing competition, this can be a guideline, what to consider and keep an eye.
- Build a team
- Find your way
- Know your tools
- Keep up to date
- Event size (company vs. global)
- Framework (team size, timebox, restrictions)
- Infrastructure (online vs. Offline, chat vs. room)
- „Supporters“, people who like that idea and assist
- Don’t restrict, where it is not needed.
- Have fun and take away learnings for yourself.
- Feedback! Actively look for feedback. Adjust on it.
- Time investment
- Discuss & define the judging criteria
- Ask for feedback, discuss in group
- Be neutral
- Avoid conflict of interest
Supporter / Sponsors
- SUT (Software under Test)